🐶 Our dogs love to play with us. Playing with our dogs is also vital for building a good relationship during training. 🐶
It’s so important to have the right sort of toy for your dog. When considering buying a new toy think about what is right for your dog –
1. Size: the size of toy can have an impact on how appealing it is for your dog. Getting a toy that is too big may be difficult for them to pick up. Likewise if a toy is too small it could be swallowed.
2. Shape: consider your dog’s mouth shape. Try to match a toy to the shape of your dog’s mouth. This is particularly important for tuggy toys as you’ll want a toy that is large enough for both you and your dog to hold.
3. Type: consider your dog’s individual play style. For example, if your dog likes to chase consider a longer toy that can be used as a lure. Also consider which material your dog likes to bite.
The video below shows the ideal toy for this puppy:
– A long toy shape that suits his mouth size.
– A longer toy for him to chase.
– A furry lure that he likes to bite.
When buying a new toy why not buy different types and let your dog choose which is their favourite. Offering your dog a choice can provide additional enrichment and help keep them happy and content.
Tug-e-nuff stock a brilliant range of interactive and fun training toys. You can also get free delivery with our discount code ‘WFDOGTRAINING’. Simply use it at the checkout to get your discount at https://tug-e-nuff.co.uk